• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Rimmel Stay Satin Liquid Lip Colour // Beauty Review

Another week, another beauty review it seems!

New lipsticks, er sorry 'lip colours' - what the difference is I do not know - seem to be released on the daily since the explosion of influencers and the beauty sector of social media. But none have got me as excited as Rimmel's latest creation; the Stay Satin Liquid Lip Colour. Rimmel can do no wrong in my eyes when it comes to lipsticks, lip colours whatever! They basically created celebrity collaborations when they made Kate Moss the face of their brand back in 2007. And although  I opted for other brands for most of my cosmetics, I always make Rimmel my paramount for lip products.

Before Stay Satin, my go-to was Stay Matte & The Only 1 Matte (Trendsetter with the Cappuccino lipliner should be in any girl who loves a good-nude lip's make up bag). I liked them because I prefer a matte lip so I was a bit put off by the term 'Satin' because I was expecting gloss. Personally I don't like a glossy lip and fully expect that if I end up in hell, the only cosmetics on offer will be clear lipgloss - and blue mascara.

I was pleasantly surprised that they lip colours are in no way glossy or shiny, as you can see in the swatches below. However, they are sticky - especially the darker shades - so avoid doing what I did and wear it during stormy weather conditions.

The highlight of the collection was 'Radical'; a beautiful hue of red that can be worn in any season as it's a universal red - and not those reds with the plum undertone that brands unveil by the truckload this time of year. Their weakest lip colour was 'Have A Cow'; it swatched great but it just didn't transfer to the lips aswell and it came off incredibly easy. More time should have been spent on the longevity of it because dark colours are more noticeable when they fade off the lips. The collection also had lip colours that were almost identical in colour - such as 'It Girl' and 'Sike'; they're practically identical. Ok, I understand they're releasing more shades in the range in the coming months but I think they'd have been better off releasing 5 completely difference shades and then come in with the slightly-different shades in the second release; maybe after feedback on which colours needed to be lighter, more pink etc...

OBSESSSION

SIKE

HAVE A COW

IT GAL
REDICAL
Overall,  I do think it's worth buying from this collection. The shades I did like were amazing on the lips - in terms of colour and longevity. And for €8.50 you can't go too wrong!

Thanks for reading my lil review! I hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear your opinion as always, so feel free to leave a comment below! And to keep up on my daily shenanigans, follow me on my socials @ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig