• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Skincare Review // Love Beauty & Planet


Hello, it's been awhile, hasn't it?

Happy May 2nd; the official second day of summer. It's still bizarre to me that we are five months into 2019 but here we are. And for the past month I have been trying out Love Beauty & Planet; a company set up in the U.S with a goal, "Whatever we do must be good for beauty and give a little love to the planet." Love Beauty & Planet are a range of affordable vegan skin and bodycare products in bottles made from 100% recycled materials. Prices range from €6.50 and cover products including shampoo, conditioner, hair masks, shower gels, face scrubs and body lotions. As I mentioned earlier, I purchased one of each and have been trying them out for the past month. Keep reading for the full review below and my overall thoughts!

Haircare
Love Beauty & Planet Muru Muru Butter & Rose Shampoo (€10.49) & Conditioner (€10.49) & 2 Min Masque (€12.99)

First off, don't do what I did and just grab any of the shampoos & conditioners in their range - they have six scents "Muru Muru Butter & Rose", "Coconut  Oil & Ylang Ylang", "Argan Oil & Lavender", "Shea Butter & Sandalwood Oil", "Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower" and "Tea Tree & Vetiver". Each scent does something different for the hair - the one I bought is for coloured hair. I only realised this when I had use the product twice lol. However, I got the benefits of my hair feeling silky and smooth - thanks to the various oils and butters in the ingredients. The 2 min masque is definitely more of a treatment as I found that my hair felt amazing for the first two days after application but turned greasier quickly. It also didn't aggravate my sensitive scalp but at the same time didn't change the condition; therefore I wouldn't be using it to aid the reduction of flaky hair or dandruff. Oh, and it smells divine. 

Skincare
Love Beauty & Planet Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Face Cleansing  Oil (€10.99) & Face Scrub (€10.99)


I can't explain my hesitance towards face wash. Working in a pharmacy comes with the benefit of having many a skincare rep come in and talk endlessly about the benefits of a good face wash but all I think of is the wash drying out my poor face and slathering it in sodium laureth sulfate. But, for the purpose of research, I bit the bullet and used the Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Cleansing Gel at least twice a week for the month. So far, my skin has not flaked and fallen off. And it actually helped. If you follow me on Instagram you'll know March was a very tough month for my skin due to several doses of antibiotics and stress and although much approved, to go through my youth without a whisper of a spotty face to suddenly bad breakouts, it made me sad and frustrated. While I'm still far from back to my OG complexion, its far better and I do think both the cleansing oil and scrub have helped keep excess oil at bay and combated dullness respectively.

Love Beauty & Planet Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Shower Gel (€7.89) & Body Lotion (11.49)


Although I would have Normal/Combination skin on my face, my body can be quite dry so not only do I need a super hydrating lotion, I need a shower gel that won't strip the essential oils off my skin** The shower gel smelled amazing, felt even more amazing and left my skin feeling soft. The body lotion was ok but I wasn't surprised that I wasn't impressed as I typically need dermatologically tested body lotions made for sensitive skin because of a) my dry skin and b) I wear a lot of tan which doesn't help the situation!

**Before training with Uriage, I never even thought that shower gel is just as important as body lotion when it comes to combating dryness. But, you can use the most expensive, scientifically advanced body cream/lotion/butter and it wont be half as good if you shower with a gel that's packed with perfume.

Overall, I was delighted to buy into a range that cares just as much for the planet as it does about the products itself. And with the price range being very affordable, its made me wake up to other brands who choose to go down the luxury pricing route and question whether I'm buying quality or just into what they perceive is a fad. The products are visually gorgeous and would look aesthetically beautiful in a bathroom, the quality is really good considering the price and that they're vegan. The only downside I can see if this range is for people with typical skin types, so I wouldn't advise those with any skin conditions to go wild and replace their entire skincare routine with these products. Instead, try one at a time and see how they fare!

As always, you can catch me over on @ohhheyitsaimee for more content! Thanks again for reading, ya'll the best

Until next time...
Aimee


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig