• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Reading List πŸ“–

There are people who like to play sports. There are people who like to spend time with friends. There are even people who enjoy dressing like giant fluffy animals (whatever you're in to). I like to read. Well, I used to like to read. I blame the installation of internet in my house for my sudden disinterest in reading and surge in taking quiz's to see what kind of bread I am (I'm a panini, supposedly). But if you've been following my blog, you'll see that I want to read more. 

So I've complied a list of books that I want to read (remember when I said I liked lists? I really do.) And one of my lovely readers ask to share that list. So here it is. And if you don't read I really urge you to give it a go. There are so many benefits; it can slow the process of Dementia and Alzheimer's, it expands your vocabulary and can even improve your memory. And there is SO MUCH VARIETY; there is literally a book on everything. 

Anyway, back to the list...

1.)  Nothing Tastes As Good - Claire Hennessy 


If the title hasn't given you a good enough indication, Nothing Tastes As Good is about a girl (Annabel), who after passing away is sent on an assignment by a woman called The Boss. Her assignment is a over-weight girl called Julia who she's to guide (and possibly help shed some weight) in exchange for a chance to send her family one last message. 

Rating: 4/5

2.) Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell

Set in 1986, Eleanor & Park is about two misfit sixteen years who fall in love over the course of the year. I have seen this book in about 346453 Instagram pictures and it seems to be as much of a cult classic as Looking for Alaska. 

3.) The Privileged - Emily Hourican 



A book based around the idea of how one decision can change the course of your life and also an insight into the usually (*but not always) unexplored world of privileged kids in Ireland. 

Rating: 4.5/5

4.) Baby Doll - Hollie Overton


As I waited for the critically acclaimed film Room (2015) I read the book (of the same name) as I am fascinated by stories of who kidnap/ people who have been kidnapped. I adored the book, especially the author's interesting use of using the 5-year-old son as the protagonist. Baby Doll follows in the same stream as the story follows Lily and her escape from her kidnapper. However, it includes her kidnappers perspective so I'm predicting an interesting read. 

5.) One With You - Sylvia Day (Crossfire Series - Book 5#)



This is what 50 Shades of Grey should have been. There are some insanely similar concepts between the Crossfire Series and 50 Shades (both male leads are incredibly rich, his sexual habits are anything but "vanilla" and the protagonist is submissive in a sexual sense) but where 50 Shades falls in...well everything, Crossfire will literally get your heart pumping (ooh, saucy) while creating a romance you actually believe. There are some other things that will break your heart but I won't mention them as they're BIG spoilers. But if you're looking for an educated 50 Shades, this series is it. 

6.) The Power - Naomi Alderman 


I'm all about dystopian worlds. They are my bread and butter. In 'The Power', woman have been given the ability to release electrical jolts from their fingers which, in turn, makes them the dominant sex. The book explores not only superpowers but also an insight in to what the world might look like if women were in charge. 

7.) Bolloxology - Colm O' Regan



Why we're all bollix's in one way or another. Simple.

8.) Moranifesto - Caitlin Moran


Caitlin Moran is every woman's inner monologue. Since being introduced to her first memoir - How To Be A Woman - I have laughed until I cannot breathed (and am sitting there clapping like a seal), dedicated Facebook's status' to her clever one-liners and have been introduced to some pretty cool stuff (she got me in to watching Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock). Moranifesto is her fourth memoir so get ready for plenty of laughs. 

What books are on your reading list and have you any suggestions for books I have to read? Let me know in the comments 

Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:

ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig