• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Trends I Hope Will Stay In 2016


2017 is well and truly underway but as we reach the end of our first week I thought I'd share some trends that NEED to stay in 2016. 

1.) Mannequin Challenge

Don't get me wrong; I love Rae Sremmurd (those guys who sing Black Beatles). But I swear I am going to kick off if I have to endure one more mannequin challenge on a dancefloor. Please, it was fun for a time. Now it's just painful.





2.) Those dresses 

I don't know who dragged this creation from hell but I think, in 2017, it's time to return it from where it came. 




3.) Alternative make-up application (AKA using everything but make up AS make-up)

I saw a girl use a snickers as contour. I'm done.






4.) Overdrawn eyebrows

You have BeautyBoxx (click here if you don't know what BeautyBoxx is) with it's endless sources of advice on the best brow products, you've Snapchat for tutorials on how to get your brows on fleek and hundreds of step-by-step guides on YouTube. Shit eyebrows in 2017 are no excuse. Even for me...

*Warning: some people might find the following image distressing. Viewer discretion is advised.


Excuse me ma'am you seem
to have an eyebrow on your eyebrow
5.) Dog-filter

Joking! If you like how your face looks with a pupper nose and ears, then who am I to judge? (the eyebrows are a separate issue)




6.) Snapchatting everything on a night out.

There is this known rule of Snapchat that I'm sure you're aware of; the longer your snapchat story on a night out, the less fun you're actually having. No one wants to see your blurry videos of you and your friends on the dancefloor (probably doing the mannequin challenge ffs!). A great tip to know whether or not you should post something to Snapchat is save the video, wait until the next day (when you're sober) and 10/10 you'll be glad you didn't post it. You're welcome.



7.) Every film being either (a) a remake, (b) book-to-film or (c) the 3567646th installment of the franchise.

The Fast & Furious is on it's 8th film. How???



What trends do you hope to see the end of? Do you agree with the list? Let me know in the comments. 

Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:

ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee 











No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig