• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

๐Ÿ”นMonday Blues ๐Ÿ”น // How To Bounce Back ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ

Monday the 16th of January, AKA Blue Monday; the day where many realise that the Christmas holidays are well and truly over and summer is still a long stretch away. Bills are coming in hot and fast and, if you're paid monthly, you're leaving a life of beans on toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 


via GIPHY

AND those New Year's resolutions you wrote with determination (while muttering "yes I can" like someone in a Barack Obama campaign ad) don't seem as reachable as they did last week. Failing a New Year's Resolution/New Year Promise can suck and can genuinely make you feel like crap so I'm here today to give you some tips on how to get back on track and back in to a positive outlook. 

1.) Christmas/ The Holidays are over:


Whether it's college/school or work holidays you've had some time to take a break from the real world and slip into the Christmas bubble where "3 cans and a selection box was dinner" (in the words of Rory from Rory's Stories - look him up on FB for some laughs) and everything from your diet to exercising and your daily routine tends to go on the back-burner. But taking the time to realise it's time to get over the festive period can set you up for getting back to normality. 



via GIPHY

2.) Organise yourself:

Never heard about bullet-journaling? Click here for an extensive breakdown on what it is and why it's better than any old journal. I've had a journal since I was 12 (I have little to no short term memory but I can recite the entire rap verse of Misteeq's 2003 hit-song Scandalous smh) so I've started mine (I'll upload some photo's when it's not so embarrassingly bare). Using a journal - bullet or otherwise - is brilliant at breaking down big jobs into manageable daily tasks and ideal at tracking food intake or exercise. 


Some examples of creative bullet-journaling:



Image found on Tumblr

Image found on Tumblr


Image found on Tumblr
3.) Review your New Year's Resolutions:

Look at your NYR's realistically. I'm all for aiming high but have you decided you want to climb Kilimanjaro, learn to speak Japanese and backpack across the US? My advice would be to condense your list to 12 points (MAX) with a variation with small changes you want to make, i.e. reduce your coffee intake to one cup a day, and your big changes, i.e. going on a trip away. Your NYR will be more achievable and I guarantee you're attitude to your resolutions will improve. 


 
Keep your NYR realistic!


4.) Don't compare:


It's well known that we live most of our lives online and its sooooo easy to hop on to Instagram or Snapchat and see these girls and guys and they're seemingly perfect lives. FYI: no one's life is perfect (remember that rule I told you about Snapchat where the longer your story on a night out, the less fun you're having? That applies here). January is a shitty month and the come down from all the festivities is inevitable but just remember; you are not alone. 



4.1) Don't compare (cont...)


This applies to influencers aswell and I can only speak for myself when I say sometimes I feel crappy when I see them flying around on Snapchat, going to the gym every day and spewing positive vibes (wanted or not) while I consider taking a nap an hour after waking up. But you - and I - need to remember, this is what these girls and guys are paid for. You don't know what happens when they're not posting and these people have their bad days too because they're human.



(me after eating breakfast) via GIPHY

5.) Unplug 

I'm currently trying to take my own advice here and trying (and failing so far) to take a full day off social media and the internet but I'm determined I'll be able to manage (someday). It's mind-blowing how much time you free up when you unplug (studies have revealed we spend FIVE hours a day on our phones). Now I understand you may have a busy life and that stolen hour of browsing might be a stress-relief for you but just try something new; doesn't matter what (stamp collecting, scrapbooking, reading, knitting, hiking) JUST GO FOR IT. You might veer yourself off browsing for good - fingers crossed.




*An hour off the internet (via GIPHY)

6.) Get back on the horse

If it's to get fit, then remember you're doing it so you'll feel good, not because you want to look good for your friends/family/boyfriend. If it's to eat better food, then remember you want to get healthy and treat your body from the inside out, not because you saw your favorite Instagrammer post another acai bowl. If it's go travelling, then remember it's because you want to see outside your four walls, and not to impress everyone else. Do it for you.

I really hope these tips helped you out! If you've any tips or tricks that've helped you out with your NYR let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear about it! 

Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:

ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee 

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig