• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

SoSu Dripping Gold Luxury Tan // Beauty Review

Happy Sunday ya'll!

If you're from Ireland you'll know the powerhouse that is Suzanne Jackson; the creator and CEO of SoSu by SJ. She started off as a blogger, way back in 2010, and has spent the last 8 years turning her blog into the empire it is today. I have heard from people who have worked closely with her in creating SoSu products and those who work logistics for the company. They have all said she is an absolute business brain who trusts her gut more than she trusts trends; a smart move in my opinion.

Supposedly it was suggested the company bring out silicone beauty blenders - during that brief craze where everything BUT beauty blenders were being recommended. Suzanne reportedly quashed the idea and its a good thing she did; silicone beauty blenders are rarely heard about nowadays whereas the SoSu Beauty Blender still continuously sells out in work; a year after its release. However, SoSu has had its fair amount of mistakes; the SoSu Nail 
Polish, which featured in my 'Products That Disappointed Me' blog post can no longer be purchased nationwide; suggesting its been removed from stores. There was also the short-lived SoSu by SJ clothing range which, although reported profit, just showed that sometimes staying in your lane is how to work at the best of your ability.

Although the release of the Dripping Gold Luxury Tan isn't a huge leap in terms of product portfolio, tan is a saturated business. It is also in my opinion that the Aussies create the best formula's - Bondi Sands is still one of my all time favourite tans and Loving Tan is what I would consider the Holy Grail of fake tan. Not to mention how difficult I imagine it must be to actually make a brand new tan; Allergy testing, preventing streaks, how to ensure its not orange and SMELL; yeah, it doesn't sound easy to me.

I purchased the Dripping Gold tan in shade Dark in the Mousse (my go-to colour and preferred method of application)

Currently retailing at €19.95 in Finnerty's Pharmacy
My first thoughts are it doesn't tell you to pre-shake the formula or not!! I decide to go ahead and shake it because it is a mousse after all. I would recommend giving it a good ole shake because when I pumped out the product, some liquid came out with the mousse.


Honestly I was not happy with the initial application; Mammy O' Connell pointed out streaks along the backs of my arms and ribcage (S/O to all the Irish mammy's subjected to tanning their daughters back on the reg!) But, going over the streaks (very gently and in circular motions), the streaks disappeared and I was very happy with the finish result.


It recommends you don't shower for at least 8 hours after application and over those 8 hours it only darkens slightly so it can definitely be used for an instant tan for a night out. Showering the next day doesn't remove a lot of colour and by moisturising in between, the colour fades naturally with no patches!

Other useful information; Being a person of sensitive skin on my neck, chest and shoulders, the product has no adverse effects on these areas. And so far it has not stained my bedsheets, which is a first for me! Its also vegan and against animal testing which is a huge plus in my eyes!

To summarise, I really like this tan; its pleasant smelling and the final result is a tan that, I applied with care and time, looks like you've been off sunning in Marbello for a week with Suzanne herself. However, this is a tan that you have to work at to look good so I would advise applying only in natural lighting and with a trusted person to do your back!

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the end of my weekend after finishing my final exam of third level education ever woo!!! If you end up trying out this tan, or have tried it, let me know below in the comments what you thoughts are; good and bad!!


Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig