• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Summer Travels 2018 / / Bruno Mars & Longitude

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

I hope you are all having the best summer and living up this fantastic weather we are incredibly fortunate to be getting. Summer is passing by in a happy blur and to be honest, I've been spending most of it capturing real life moments, which typically happen when there's no phones around to snap a million photos. However, one occasion where I got snap-happy was the Bruno Mars concert and Longitude festival me and my best friend attended. I thought I'd do a blog post highlighting one of the best weekends of my summer (so far) and give you my thoughts on it all! 

Bruno Mars 12.07.2018



I'm not sure why but I've never been an avid fan of Bruno Mars. Ok, I did bop along to his songs on the radio - who doesn't? - but I never really invested time into him. His concert changed that. The man is a performer; for the entire 1 hour and 30 mins you are enthralled by this man who commands the stage and appears much taller than his reported height of 5ft 5. When he sings, you dance. It doesn't matter if he's mourning the loss of a previous lover in When I Was Your Man, seducing you into bed with Versace on the Floor or bringing the funk in 24K Magic, you dance. He also has a way of riling up the crowd but keeps the atmosphere chill enough that there was no pushing, shoving or negative behavior. Also, its worth attending a Bruno Mars concert just to hear Uptown Funk live. It cemented the concert as my all-time favorite of the summer. 
Top: Missguided (Similar) x Flares: Penneys (Similar)

                                                     Longitude Day 1 13.07.2018

T-Shirt ("Leave Me Malone"): Redbubble (Similar) x Shoes: Fila Disruptors II (Similar) x Shorts: River Island (Exact) x Anorak: My Mam's friend

Longitude Day 2 14.07.2018




Bodysuit: The Fashion Bible (Exact) x Trousers: Pretty Little Thing (Exact) x Bumbag: River Island (Similar)
Despite being told on numerous occasions how young the crowd was at Longitude (the average age is 19) and despite this being 1000000% correct, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. The weather was warm without being scorching (albeit a few hours on Saturday where I was grateful I packed a mini-SPF) and I saw the acts I wanted to see (My personal favourites were Mango x MathMan, Khalid, Travis Scott, Tyler the Creator and Sigrid). I have to admit, Posty disappointed me a bit; it wasn't that he sang badly but I just felt there was no real love there for the Irish crowd. I was expecting more communication and interaction from the crowd but he still sang wonderfully and I look forward to seeing him again at Reading. All in all, the festival is a lot of craic and there's plenty to do aside from drinking and listening to tunes - there was tons of games and a tattoo parlour at the Logic stand - but it'll be my first and last time at Longitude. It, to me, is definitely a "go for the experience" festival. That and I can't handle hearing another girl crying to her friend because TY is over!

What I Learned: 
*There is an abundance of drunk, young wans. There were queue skippers, you were pushed and shoved in crowds and just general shenanigans that will have you taking a deep breath and counting back from 10
*Be vigilant of your belongings. The festival is full of shitty thieves who will nick anything not attached to you. A girl I was chatting to for less than 2 minutes had her handbag snatched and a little prick tried to rob my anorak.


PS: If you got the money, get VIP tickets. They don't cost a huge amount more but you have a secluded part of the festival and - from what I could see from the outside - it looked a lot more chilled with an older crowd.

Catch me on my socials @ohhheyitsAimee


Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig