• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

3 Palettes, 3 Prices, 1 Look

Happy Easter weekend everyone!!

Although it's not for certain yet, there are rumours going around the O' Connell household that Mammy O' Connell procured a Snowball Easter egg for me so please cross your fingers and pray with me that it's true!

Aaaaaanyways, it'll come as no surprise to all you make-up lovers out there that the selection of eyeshadow palettes right now is insane. Any shade range you're looking for, you can get and with the likes of Revolution and Morphe they don't cost you a bleeding fortune! One thing I don't understand is how other brands can blatantly steal another brands shade range and not get the arse sued off them!....which brings me to this week's blog post haha!

After being gifted my dream palette - the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance - I had alot of fun messing around with the colours but I'll talk about that later. A couple of days after, Mammy O' Connell was gifted the W7 Delicious palette and the similarities made me SHOOKETH. Because not only are they similar, they are practically the exact same; check them out belowπŸ‘‡

W7 Delicious (left) ABH Modern Renaissance (right)
And then the Madison BerryBold palette landed into work this week and it's practically the same colour range...in the same order...but just missing Tempera and Raw Sienna! Again, here's a photo of them all side by side πŸ‘‡

Like come onnnnnnn!
I thought it would be a good idea to try out all three palettes to see which one is my personal favourite. They are also all in different price brackets - W7 Delicious is €8 and it can be got it in Mr. Price, Madison BerryBold is €19.95 from Finnerty's Pharmacy and ABH Modern Renaissance is €48.25 from Beauty Bay so it'll be interesting to see does price = quality. 

*I used SoSu brushes 'The Eye Collection' for all these looks and I would 10000% recommend those brushes; they're incredibly soft, they blend your eyeshadow like a dream and for €29.95 for 7 brushes they're incredibly good value. 

Let's get started!

W7 Delicious

Shadows Used:

The Finished Look: 
Eyelashes are SoSu 'New York' - available in Penneys/Primark
I have to say, for €8 I am impressed! Although it does take a couple of goes to build up a decent colour this might actually suit people as one problem I have with seriously pigmented colours is that I'll put on too much the first go and I have to blend the beejus out of it. I was disappointed in the shimmer shade as it didn't make my eyes pop as much as the other palettes. But with no fallout and a finished look I was happy with, I'd definitely recommend buying this palette!

Madison BerryBold



Shadows Used:

The Finished Look:
Eyelashes are SoSu 'Kylie' - available in Finnerty's Pharmacy, Nenagh
Despite using the same colours, how different is this look?! The W7 palette came out quite warm-toned whereas this was a lot more pinky-orange. For €19.95 I wasn't impressed. Again, the shimmer shade just didn't pop and I felt it was of the same quality as the W7 - but twice the price. One thing I did love were the four highlighter shades - the shade 'Daisy' gives such a soft, dewy glow to the skin. The shade 'Mia' is also ice-white so it really makes the arch of the brow pop!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance 



Shades Used:

The Finished Look:
Eyelashes are SoSu 'New York' - available in Penneys/Primark
The absolute clear winner in my opinion! The colours are incredibly pigmented, they blend easily and it's incredibly easy to add depth with the darker shades without adding too much. The shimmer - Primavera - is almost like a glitter it's so pigmented and I wish they'd bring it out in a bigger pan because I would be using that as a highlighter on the daily!


The Verdict:
If you're a fan of makeup and wear it on the daily, then Modern Renaissance is a definite investment in my opinion. I find I come back to the palette for day and nighttime looks and you can create hundreds of looks from the 14 shades. However, if €48.25 is just out of your reach financially - which I feel on a spiritual level as I am a student - the €8 Delicious palette impressed me alot. It would also be great if you're just starting off with an interest in makeup as it allows you to build colour for your desired look. As for BerryBold? I would buy  the palette for the highlighters - I can't express enough how pigmented they are! But I wouldn't be choosing it for it's intended purpose! 

Anyway, if you were thinking of purchasing any of these palettes, I hope this blog post helped! And if you own any of these palettes I would love to hear your opinion! Hmu on any of my socials @ohhheyitsaimee or leave a comment πŸ‘‡
Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig