• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Reflecting on 12 Resolutions for 12 Months // 2017

Happy New Year everyone πŸŽ‰

happy new year dog GIF

As we enter into 2018, I thought I would reflect on the 12 resolutions I made back at the start of this year. Some I marked off pretty early on, others took months of work to achieve.
  
And some, I "never got around to." 

If you want to have a read of that blog post (which was also my very first blog post), you can read it here.

Anyways, lets begin;

1.) Learn to play guitar: Did I do it? NO
Every human on this planet has made this resolution at least once. I've made it every year since I was about 10 and am yet to actually achieve it. But, I am without a decent party piece - my current one being I can put my leg behind my head which comes with its own problems - so this resolution will being going on 2018's list.

2.) Visit Charlotte and her baby: Did I do it? NO 
I entered 2017 with a notion of doing a hella a lot of travelling. While I did travel, I never made it over to the UK. Therefore, I STILL haven't met Charlotte's lovely daughter. At this rate, she'll be in college before I make the trip over. I have a resolution for next year that involves travelling abroad so hopefully I can finally meet Florence.

3.) Set up blog: Did I do it? YES
And I'm still doing it. Success!

4.) Pass Driving Test: Did I do it? IN PROCESS
The waiting list in Ireland to even do a driving test is ridiculous. I applied in September and I still am waiting for a date. 

5.) Go on a J1: Did I do it? YES
I've spoken enough about the J1 (from my thoughts before going, my thoughts after, and it got a mention in my 2017 highlights blog post - which you can read here) so I won't say anymore. 

6.) Go to a music festival: Did I do it? NO
The idea was to finish off the summer by going to Electric Picnic but I didn't return home until after the festival was over. So it wasn't without trying that I didn't accomplish this resolution.

7.) Go on a trip with my friends: Did I do it? YES
Considering I visited two states (Ocean City in New Jersey and Philadelphia in Pennsylvania) with three of my close camp friends, this one was definitely accomplished.

8.) Volunteer: Did I do it? YES
And I am so happy I did. 

9.) Read more: Did I do it? YES
You can read my current reading list here. I've also purchased Oh My God! What A Complete Aisling by Emer McLysaght and Sarah Breen and Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham so I'm all set, for a couple of months anyway, for 2018. 

10.) Eat (more) healthy: Did I do it? YES & NO 
Yes because I gave up junk food twice (once for 21 days, the other for the month of November) and no because when I was working in a summer camp I ate whatever I wanted and for the month of December I've been eating everything within arm's reach. 

11.) Stay away from bad boys (AKA F**kboys): Did I do it? YES
For the most part of 2017, I was in a relationship with a very lovely guy. And although it didn't work out between us, I am so happy with the time we did have together and the memories we made. It also showed me that not all break ups have to be bad and not all men are trash (who knew?)

12.) And finally, enjoy 2017: Did I do it? YES
I can honestly say I'm exiting 2017 with fond memories and a smile on my face. I'm really excited for 2018 and I can't wait to see what's in-store. 

Anyway, I hope 2018 is the year you keep on striving to be your best you. You don't need a "New Year, New Me" attitude; just keep pushing at being the healthiest version of yourself. And, if there's something you've always wanted to do; be it to start your own blog, become a gym bunny or even take up a new hobby, then go for it. Nothing can hold you back only yourself!



Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:


ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee





















No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig