• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

12 Resolutions for 12 Months // 2018 Edition ❤

This time last year, to the day, I was writing my first ever blog post.  And what better way to kick off 2018 that with a new list of resolutions to see me through the next 12 months.
Let's begin....
1.) The American coming to Ireland:

During my J1 in the US, I met this amazing girl (known formally as Phoebe Elizabth Ann Ritsick) and over the course of the three months we grew a friendship built on a love of dark humour, her loving my Irish accent and memes. So in LESS THAN A WEEK my beautiful best friend is descending upon our green isle. What a way to start 2017!


how i met your mother usa GIF

2.) A week of saying yes:

I hate that this idea originated from Jim Carey as the man erupts a strange anger in me and a confusion as to why he's so popular but after watching Yes Man - I watched it purely for Zoey Deschanel - it gave me an idea. Basically for one week I will say yes to any opportunity given to me and see where it takes me. I might die but probably not.
*Disclaimer - I will not be telling anyone when I'm doing this because I know people who will manipulate the situation and I'll end up selling my soul or something!


k-pop nod GIF

3.) Edinburgh with the girls:

It's finally happening! Since becoming friends with these girls in school, we've never been outside of Ireland together. So in just over a week's time, we're shipping on over to Scotland for a weekend (with the American in tow)

relaxed scottish highlands GIF by cloudy

4.) Save for super-secret trip 2019:

Yes its more than a year away but I've heard this place is super-expensive and I get a weird thrill from saving.


kim kardashian shut up GIF by GQ

5.) Run a (mini) Marathon:


Something that I always wanted to try. I am useless at following a schedule for jogging but 2018 may be the year I finally accomplish this lifelong goal!


 sports running run jonah hill seth GIF
*Me, 15 mins in

6.) Finish college with a good result:

I have four months left in college and I assume time will fly the moment I return from the winter holidays. The plan is to hit the ground running and hopefully not metaphorically fall flat on my face.  

motivational high school GIF


7.) Learn to play the guitar (again):

I failed this in 2017 so it's back on the list for 2018!


bb king guitar GIF
^ Me by December 2018

8.) See Dermot Kennnedy live:


This man is definitely by far my favourite artist of 2017. I can listen to his songs on loop for days and February cannot come fast enough so I can hear him live. (Find him on YT here; you wont be disappointed)



9.) Go to a music festival in: 1.) Ireland, 2.) England, 3.) Abroad

Yet another resolution not done. I've decided to step it up a notch in 2018 and attempt to attend at least one festival in Ireland, one in England (I see you Reading) and one in Europe. I better start saving now haha!


music festival summer GIF

11.) Learn to say no

A tough one but a resolution I'm adamant to do. I can be a pushover at times and I want 2018 to be the end of that. Saying no doesn't make you a bad person. 


 over it smh GIF by Women's History Month

12.) Get more active online and with the blog:

The start of the New Year has injected excitement back into me for this blog. I hope 2018 will see the alignment of the ideas I have for my online presence both here and my other socials. 


celebrate happy new year GIF by Quicken Loans



I hope you are all entering 2018 with a new found determination to reach your own personal goals. Let me know what you hope 2018 will bring in the comments or find me on my other socials. I would also love to hear what you think of the new blog layout and if you're a fan or not!


ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee





No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig