• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Products That Disappointed Me

Happy Wednesday all! If you're like me, you're currently wrapped up like a burrito in front of the fire. I hope you're all away from the miserable weather outside and jesus, will you wear a scarf if you're out in it!? 

On this blog I have reviewed quite a few products; most of which you can find in my monthly Yay or Neigh or Spotlight Sunday. I am fortunate in that most cases I have liked and would recommend the products I have purchased. But today I want to talk about the ones that I didn't. So here is my list of products that disappointed me:



1.) Bourjois Souffle de Velvet lipstick (read a full review here)
Image courtesy of thebeautyinbox.com


As a fan of the Rouge Edition, I purchased some of these lipsticks with high hopes only to be incredibly disappointed. They got the formula all wrong and instead of a creamy, mousse texture, you get the same kind of consistency of the end of a can of whipped cream; a sputtering, liquid mess. The colours were weak and more of a tint than an actual shade. 

2.) SoSu Nail Polish

Image courtesy of SoSueMe.com

When these polishes first hit pharmacies they were a HOT commodity. We sold out of our first batch in a couple of days and then there was that insanely long wait for the next batch. When the second lot finally arrived, I purchased several shades, plus the top coat and base coat. The colour collection had good variety and I thought I had found nail polish I would use over and over again. Wrong. The picture below is after one day of having the nail polish on. This is also after a layer of base coat and two layers of top coat. On top of that, when you wear the polish for a couple of days and then remove it (because it's chipped to bits) I found my nails were stained yellow. It's kind of obvious now why most pharmacies have decided to no longer stock these polishes. 
Ew.
3.) Simple Micellar Water


Image courtesy of Priceline Pharmacy
I should have known to stay a mile away from this micellar water when I couldn't find it the CosDNA website (a great website to see a breakdown of make up and make up remover ingredients) BUT those gosh darn appealing words like "natural" and "good for you" and "enriched with vitamins" got the better of me. Of course my skin reacted awful to it but it does that with every product I use on my face initially so I thought I would give it time. I went through half the bottle before calling quits on it. Also, when I did my own research on the water, its second most used ingredient, Hexylene Glycol, has been proven to be an irritant to the skin. Smh so hard at myself right now. 



4.) Sans Soucis Pure Matt foundation (read a full review here)


Image courtesy of SansSoucis.com
Possibly the worst foundation I've ever used. However, I had just come back from America and my skin was gone to s@*t so that's definitely a factor. I have tried wearing it again and, although it wasn't as horrendous as the pictures below, it just didn't feel right on my face; like it was just sitting on top and not actually sinking in. Definitely would not repurchase!

Again,ew. 


Like this post? Follow me for more shits & giggles:
@ohhheyitsaimee
@ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig