• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Spotlight ✨ Sunday ✨ // UD All Nighter foundation

I've fallen in love. With a foundation. 




In some aspects I've been lucky when it comes to my skin, particular the skin on my face. I rarely get severe breakouts and usually only get the odd spot during that time of the month. However, I have an incredibly oily T-zone; to the point where I have been asked (several times) what highlighter I'm using WHEN I'M NOT WEARING ANY. But there's worse things that people mistaking your oily face for a carefully orchestrated application of highlighter I'm sure. 

My usual go-to foundation was L'Oreal True Match in Honey (6N)  but because of the oil based formula I would have to pack on translucent powder throughout the day. I found that only broke up the foundation and I was left with patchy skin, something you don't want when you're an avid tan-wearer and your natural skintone is one shade off Ivory. 

Now I know SUSI (Student Universal Support Ireland - a grant for college students in Ireland) is meant to be spent on college related expenses but a ravenous urge came over me when I saw triple digits in my account and the splurging side of my brain whisper "do it...it's Christmas" and before I knew it I was at the Urban Decay counter in Debenhams Limerick.




 The foundation I had been recommended (after I had posted the question on BeautyBoxx - not sure what Beauty Boxx is? I did an interview with the creator that you can check out here) was UD All Nighter liquid foundation (€34). One of the sales assistance working at UD helped me pick the right shade in a matter of minutes and we decided on the shade 6.0. 

And I have to say that I am super impressed. I was told I'd only need to use one pump to cover the whole face and at the time I wasn't convinced BUT IT'S TRUE. Now if you're using it in the night (which it's purposed for) and you want that extra coverage then use a pump and a half. What I love (as shown below) is that it gives that flawless finish without your face looking caked in make up. And I've even worn it w/o setting powder for a more "fresh-faced" look. Before this foundation you'd have to put a gun to my head before I'd set outside the door w/o powder (ok, maybe not that drastic). In terms of staying power it lasts. I do seven hour shifts at work and the only top ups I've had to do have been around the lip area after meals. 



If you decide to invest in this foundation be prepared to be replacing the bottle about every two and a half months (if you wear foundation 5/6 days a week) and make sure you have a really good cleanser as I've found it's staying power can sometimes be too good and I've had to scrub it off tricky areas like the sides of the nose inner eyes. 

Overall I think this week's pick for Spotlight Saturday has been well deserving and if you want to spend that little extra, Urban Decay's All Nighter liquid foundation is the one for you. As always thank you for reading this post and if you have any holy grail foundations you can't live without, let me know in the comment section! 


Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:



ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee
*
  

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig