• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

✨Spotlight Sunday✨ // Chasing Sunrise's and Chocolate Chips

In theory, getting up early to see the sunrise sounds great. It sounds like a real adventure. But, when that alarm goes off - and you're not a morning person - that theory sounds like a load of shite. But, because I had somehow managed to rope my friend Martin into coming with me, I had an obligation to get my bum out of bed and in to Limerick.

The spot we chose was Lock Quay and the walkway that runs along the River Shannon. As I'm not a native of Limerick I don't know how well this walkway is known but if you want to check it out yourself it's behind the Great Gas petrol station. Just so you know it's about 4km and you'll end up at the back of UL. The walk alone isn't strenuous and actually quite enjoyable, especially when you've good company and there's plenty of pupper's to spot.




 The thing about walls is that, when unattended, people tend to like drawing on them. This applies enormously to Lock Quay. Every inch is covered in someone's tag, or a quote or drawing and as I walked passed I wished I had some way of adding my own bit. Ok, so I understand sometimes people graffiti these walls just because they (a) it's illegal and that adds a thrill to it, (b) it's fun - have you ever used a spray can? It's INSANELY fun and I'm not sure why - or (c) both. But some of the graffiti on the walls are more than that; some depict their views on world events (see the Donal Trump drawing below) and others tag these walls to show the world that they're here. That they exist. They want to leave a mark on the world, in a literal way.








Personally I think the bear looks
more like Donal Trump

The reason I wanted to share Lock Quay's walkway is because it's place like this - that are really easy to find - that are proof that you don't have to go far out of your way to find these cools places to check out. The walk leads to some old ruins which are fun to explore - just be careful, cause you know, they're old and unstable.









When we finally emerged from the walkway about 2 and a half hours later we ended up in UL and here's the thing; UL is bloody massive! We later found out that part of UL stretches in to County Clare - yeah, that's how big it is. It took a bit of navigation but we managed to find the way out, only to find two runaway dogs, who we named Chocolate and Chip. The next 30 mins were then spent chasing after said dogs - well, Martin had to chase Chocolate, while Chip sat in my arms as cool as a breeze.


Chip (actually called Juno) and Chocolate
(actually called Jess)
So maybe it's because it's not morning time right now but I do think I would do another sunrise walk again. The best thing about doing it early, apart from the amazing photo's you'll get, is when you're done its still so early. We got back in to town at half 10 and went searching for some more graffiti which is super easy to find - it's Limerick, c'mon. Unfortunately we didn't find anymore runaway puppers. Maybe next time...


And that's it for another Spotlight Sunday. If you've any suggestions on other walkways, please let me know in the comments! Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:



ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee





1 comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig