• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Girl's Night-In Guide // 50 Shades of Grey

The lovely humans I get to call my best friends
I'm sure, if you're a girl reading this right now (and hey, maybe you're a boy - no gender discrimination here) but you might remember the Australian TV show The Sleepover Club. I vividly remember getting off the school bus at half 4, running in to the house and pouring a HUGE bowl of Cookie Crisp (god, do they even make CC anymore?) and sitting down for another episode of TSC - Rosie and Kenny were my favourites! One thing that hasn't changed over the years is my love for sleepovers; it's just now we've changed the games from "Truth or Dare" to "Never Have I Ever" - hands up if you've asked a question specifically for one person and watch as everyone gasps as they take a drink - and fizzy drinks were replaced with alcohol.

Last weekend I decided to throw a sleepover for me and the girls I went to school with - and am still really good friends with. And somehow it worked. I don't know how - typically meeting up all together at the one place is rare. That's what happens when secondary school ends; you and your friends might end up in different counties or countries for college, some will have babies (s/o to our MILF Katie). I don't believe in the term "we drifted apart" when it comes to friendships. If you put in the effort, no amount of distance or time apart can destroy a solid friendship. 

Anyway, I've made a list of some tips for the ultimate sleepover. As always, I'd love your feedback so comment below what you think or if you've any extra tips for me!

1.) Set a theme

The general theme we chose was DVD night. The great thing about theme's is that with an idea of what you've planned for the night there's never a lull and no chance of an uneventful night. Some theme's you could consider for a night in could be:

  • Pamper night - face masks, cucumbers on the eyes, painting each other's nails - which is great because I can't be alone in HATING painting my nails. And there's always the one girl in the group who's either really good at hair or make-up. 
  • Chill night - alcohol, food comas and gossiping - don't act like you and your girl's don't turn into the Regina and the Plastics when you get together.

We decided on a DVD night in preparation for 50 Shades Darker
Image from Google Images

2.) Food is essential

No night in with the girls is complete without food. Fortunately for me - and the girls - Funky Donut has just opened a cafe in town so I picked us up some donuts for the night. I can confirm they were delicious! (want to know more about Funky Donut - check out their Facebook  page) 



**If you decide to get take away - like we did - make sure you've the money ready BEFOREHAND and you're not calling out who owes how much as the delivery man waits patiently at the door. 

3.) Gift bags

For every aspect of my life, I always think it's the little things that count the most. I love thoughtfulness and giving gifts so I loved make little gift bags for the girls. They can be super cheap to make too - ask your local pharmacy for some samples (just don't go overboard!) and popping in the mini candles from Penneys (60c each) and lip liners (€1.50) will bulk up any gift bag. 


**Before**
**After**
(The only picture I got of the gift bags SMH) 

4.) Slideshow

Super easy to do. If you're like me you keep all your photo's in a folder on your laptop. If you're super organised, like me, you'll even have the photo's separated by year. All you have to do then is 
Pictures > Chose Folder > Manage > Slideshow. The best part? Slagging each other's eyebrows from 2012.


My horrified expression is a perfect representation of how
the slideshow went

5.) Over 18? Alcohol

You could even do a cocktail night which is fun even if the drinks turn out horrendous, which they probably will, sorry! My friends and I are much more laid back drinkers so it was mainly vodka, wine and beer (classy!) 


Fire + wine + good company = good times

6.) Have fun // Catch up

One upside of the group getting together not so often is that there is never a lull in conversation. I love that each and every one of my friends are different and bring different traits AND that you will never get such a slagging as you will when they all get together!!


Sabrina Cummins, where you at?

Games to play:


  • Never Have I Ever 
  • The One Most Likely To...
  • Would You Rather

And that's it! Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:


ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig