• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

bBold Contour Kit // Beauty Review

I'm just realising that when I mentioned on Instagram that I was going to be reviewing the bBold Contour Kit that I accidently tagged bPerfect Cosmetics. Well that's embarrassing!



Anyways, I thought I'd do a review on the contour kit as I do think they're a gem of a product to have because they are compact and it's a lot easier to throw a kit into your makeup bag than a separate contour stick, bronzer etc... I also am a fan of bBold, having been first introduced to the brand through their tans. I was incredibly impressed and I'll be sure to do a review on what I considered to be their holy grail tan here on the blog soon!  

"Define, sculpt and highlight with bBold’s face and body contour kit. Using only ultra-fine pigmented powders you can manipulate shadow and light to create dimension and shape."
-Description of the bBold Contour Kit on the official website

Without flash

With flash
Straight off the bat I loved the contour shade.  I used a non-descriptive contour brush and it applied to the skin effortlessly, mapping out a distinct line of where the bronzer should be applied.  I was quite disappointed by the bronzer; it was quite orange and didn't apply as well, taking numerous reapplications to achieve a desired look. I should point out I wasn't wearing my typical foundation which tends to be in the Nude Beige - Dark Beige colour spectrum. I assumed a lighter foundation - so I chose Light Beige in the Healthy Mix (Bourjois) would make the contour stand out more but I feel on darker tones the colour would be lost. However, its build up a warm tone on the forehead - an area I feel there's a thin line between just the right amount and looking like you're sprouting horns. As for the highlighter, it was ok. It wasn't anything amazing but the shade really made the bronzer pop. 


To summarise, it won't be the first kit I would reach for but I can't praise the contour shade enough! Although Taupe in colour in the kit, it's much more brown on the skin and really does act like a guide when applying your bronzer! This kit is definitely for lighter skin tones as it would get lost on darker tones and would be suited to those who prefer to build up a colour.

Hopefully you enjoyed this honest review and make sure to catch me on my socials @ohhheyitsAimee




Until next time...
Aimee



No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig