• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

❌🍕🍟No Junk November🍫🍦❌

The idea of No-Junk November came from a work colleague. If you live in  Nenagh or the surrounding towns you will be well accustomed to the Food Hall's famous pink buns. My work colleague was telling me how she had to put a lockdown on how many times she visited the Food Hall because of how many of those pink buns she was having every week. As we discussed our bad food habits she mentioned that her mother and father actually gave up all junk food for the month of November. Their reasoning is that December is going to inevitably be a month of blindly stuffing your face so at least they'll feel less guilty after a month of healthy eating. In a way, it could be their reward for being so good.

Three times I have tried the 21-day no sugar challenge and have succeeded twice. Not only is the feeling of accomplishing the three week challenge a great one but I genuinely felt a difference in my mental health, my skin, my energy and I felt less sluggish. 


Before and After of the 21 no sugar day challenge

The month of December - what is starting to be known as the month of Christmas - is a time when it gets dark early, the temperature drops and lounging on the couch in front of a open fire is like a little slice of heaven. It's a time to be happy and to spend time with family and also a time to eat everything without a care in the world. I am a total believer in throwing any and all healthy food habits to the wind come Christmas Day but what I am personally experiencing is it's not limited to Christmas or the days leading or following it. Boxes of chocolates are a common sight in work and I have exams around this time and NOTHING motivates me more that a peppermint mocha and blueberry muffin during a study session. 

I am hoping that by quitting most of the bad foods I consume daily will make a difference to my eating habits. And maybe even instill in me the reason it's called a treat. Regardless of how this challenge turns out, I have no doubt in my mind I will not be turned off junk food for life. Not when things such as a selection box for Christmas breakfast exists. 

If you yourself are interested in giving No-Junk November a go, here's a list of food not allowed...



If you do take on the challenge, the best of luck to you. You've got this 💪

Like this post? Follow me for more shits & giggles:



ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig