• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

Spotlight ✨ Sunday ✨ // Halloween Angel Transformation with Aoife Harty πŸ˜‡πŸ¦„πŸŒΈπŸ’„

When I think of MUA's I think of women who ooze confidence; people who strive at being the centre of attention and love being in front of the camera. My perception of that was changed when Aoife, of Aoife's Makeup and ReVamp Salon, told me she was relieved when I didn't show up to the interview with a camera. She even told me that she still gets nervous doing masterclasses. The nerves don't last too long when she's performing and they shouldn't; Aoife has an immense talent she should take pride in.

She tells me her interest first started when she was in third year of secondary school (about 16 years old) but make up was never a career she thought she would pursue. She was considering courses in primary school teaching and midwifery before she took a chance after finishing school and decided to see how make-up would go. It was a pretty fault-proof plan because that's the great thing about being young; college will always be there. That was just over a year ago and now Aoife part owns a business of her own. She is a girl in high demand and, being aware if this, I booked my Halloween make-up with her a month in advance. I wasn't taking the chances!

A scroll of her Instagram shows a MUA who is very much respected and loved in the industry, with fans gushing over every photo posted, praising her for her talent. But, despite all this praise, Aoife is very humble and when I asked her what advice she would give to aspiring MUA's she just says "all it takes is practice. Lots and lots of practice." 


Some of my favourite looks from 2017
As a fan of make-up, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to find out Aoife's personal favourite make-up brand. Turns out there's many; there's Inglot for eyeshadow, Illamasqua for foundation and skin base, Rebeluna for eyelashes and Urban Decay for, well everything. She says she could never pick one brand because there will be company's who excel at one type of products, but not all. As for her favourite part of the make-up process I was sure she would say doing eye make-up but it's actually skin as she like to see "how skin looks before and after the application."

D.I.E Halloween 2016 & Halloween 2017

It's obvious - ok, maybe not by my resting bitch face above, but I was delighted with the turnout of my makeup. On both occasions I came to Aoife with photo inspiration, told her the parts I didn't like and she delivered the look I had imagined. Where some MUA's suffer from having to improvise, Aoife excels, even saying she loves when people come to her with a clean slate and no idea what look they want. With that kind of attitude and a the polished skill set she has already at just 19, she is definitely one girl to keep your eye out for. And that is why I've picked Aoife for this week's Spotlight Sunday.
Where you can find Aoife:

πŸ“· @aoifes_makeup

πŸ‘» @aoifes_makeup




Like this post? Follow me for more shits & giggles:


ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig