• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

The J1 Countdown X OOTD


OOTD Details:
Cardigan: H&M (here) Crop Top: Etsy (here) Pants: Penneys 

Back in December I made a resolutions list. While I've spent the past 6 months trying to scratch off each item, there is one in particular that has proven to be both challenging and rewarding; 5.) Go on a J1. Now, in less than a week I begin to mark that one off the list because for 3 months I plan to be living it up in America.




For  me, this is probably one of the most adult things I've done in my 23 years on this planet. The J1 application is gruelling and time consuming and not to mention expensive, but I feel like this is an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. Not only that but also, my nerves! While on a trip up to Dublin to visit the US Embassy to get my visa granted, my boyfriend and I passed a huge park. While he mentioned in passing that we should go in there, I took a look in and saw dozens of people. I don't know why but looking into that park triggered something in me and I had a sudden moment of realisation that, very soon, I was going to not only be in a different continent, but I'd be by myself. Being alone doesn't typically bother me; I would consider myself to be quite introverted at times but, being honest, if I think too much about what's to come in the next week, I can literally feel my heartbeat quicken. But I know that alongside all this fear in me there is that excitement that's bubbling too. 




I can't wait to see the world outside this green Isle. I love to travel but being a student means it's tough for some and practically impossible for others,  so I really do hope that these three months away will feed my travel bug until I can finish college and see more of the world. And without trying to sound like a know-it-all, I do believe travelling and seeing the world should be on top of every person's to-do list/ resolution list. We are just one tiny speck on this enormous planet and there is so much to do and see and experience, that for me it would be a waste of my life to spend it in just one place. I think this is especially true for where I grow up. I live in a small rural town in the mid-south of Ireland where everyone knows everyone and there's such a comfort to stay and work and live your life here. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing but that's not me. I hope this journey will make me step outside my comfort zone and dive into the unknown and give me a better understanding of who I am and what I can do. 

As for the blog while I'm MIA? Well we'll have to wait and see. I'm not completely restricted of internet but my days are pretty jam-packed at camp but who knows? Three months will fly I'm sure and I've big plans for this little blog when I do come home. So, watch this space! 


Before I go I have to give a special shoutout to my boyfriend Martin Benson who shot all the photo's in this post. Not only did he get some great shots but he was the calm voice throughout the uploading of said photos. Check out his Instagram details below 👇🏽


Instagram: @veylun
Liked this post? Make sure to follow me on my other socials for more shits and giggles!


ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig