• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

๐ŸŒบMay Product Review๐ŸŒบ // Yay ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ or Neigh ๐Ÿด

For those of you who are finished college for the summer, congratulations! And to those who may not, or who may have the dreaded Junior and Leaving Certificate looming, keep going. In the words of our Lord and Savior Shia La Beouf, "Don't let your dreams be dreams!"



It's a new month so what better way to celebrate that than buying and trying out some products. As always, I've tried all these products out for about 3/4 weeks so I feel I can give a pretty accurate review on them however we all have different skin types and hair types so what might work for me you might hate and visa versa. Anyways, if you've tried any of these products, I'd love to hear your thoughts so make sure to leave a comment down below ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

L'Oreal Elvive Phytoclear Anti-Dandruff Shampoo ** Product of the Month


Dandruff; no one wants it. And no one wants to admit they have it; I sure as hell didn't. But years of mistreating my hair by dying it and straightening it to an inch of its life has left it not only dull but it becomes greasy quickly. Before I started using this shampoo, I had to wash my hair every second day which only made the problem worse. And I felt super-conscious of people being too close and seeing my dandruff. I've been using this product for just over a month now and I can genuinely say it has worked wonders. 



What I Like ✔️️
*It comes in a variety of shampoos; Refreshing (for greasy hair), Sensitive, Soothing (irritated scalp) and Normal
*Unlike most dandruff treating shampoos, it smells pleasant
*It works
*At €4.65 it's cheap as chips

What I Didn't Like 
*The ingredients list is about a mile long so I wonder would it be the best suited shampoo long term

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
*Most pharmacies stock the L'Oreal Haircare range so it shouldn't be hard to pick up. Buy it online here

L'Oreal Micellar Water - Normal to Combination Skin


Although I have no qualms about putting L'Oreal products in my hair or  using their cosmetics, I am a big sceptic about using their skincare products. I think it's because of how many  ingredients are usually listed. This micellar water lists only 6 ingredients which persuaded me to give it a go. These ingredients - if you're curious enough to know - are (1) Aqua, (2) Hexylene Glycol - used to break down the makeup, (3) Poloxamer 184 - cleansing agent, (4) Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate - derived from coconut, (5) disodium edta - a foaming agent and helps the product maintain its pleasant smell and (6) Polyaminopropyl biguanide - a disinfectant. 

This product truly does the job at cleaning off your makeup and it's gentle enough to wipe off eye make up too but a double-cleanse is recommended.

What I Like ✔️️
*It can be used on eyes, lips and face so it's ideal for travelling
*It's a good price at €6.95

What I Didn't Like 
*You need to cleanse twice to fully remove all traces of makeup
*I wouldn't recommend it for those with sensitive skin, especially reactive skin

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
*Again, anywhere that sells L'Oreal skincare, you'll find this product. Find it online here

MindCare Focus


I started taking these about three weeks before the start of my exams, under the recommendation of a pharmacist. With a host of vitamins and Omega 3 combined with caffeine and taurine, I really do believe I found a positive effect to taking these vitamins. I was less reliant on coffee to keep me going through studying and I found my concentration did improve. 


What I Like ✔️️
*I feel like they did work *you must take them daily to feel the full effects
*There's several Vitamin B's in it which are know to help with feelings of fatigue or weakness

What I Didn't Like 
*THEY STINK. Do not store them near any food or clothes because the smell will transfer.
*They repeat. And it tastes horrible. Make sure you take during a meal. 

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
If you're from Nenagh, Finnerty's Pharmacy (Facebook) stock the MindCare range or purchase it online here


Kiss Strip Lash Adhesive (with Aloe)


Typically I don't like eyelash glue; its either gloopy or too watery and I can never get the inner corner of the lash to stick! But Kiss's latest eyelash glue is the perfect consistency - tacky - and glues even the thickest lashes to my eyes.

What I Like ✔️️
*The added Aloe means your own eyelashes aren't as damaged
*Its available in clear or black so it suits everyone's preference

What I Didn't Like 
*It tends to come out of the tube a bit too eagarly so be wary on squeezing it

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
*Anywhere stocking Kiss products should have this in stock. Or get it online here

VICHY Aqualia Thermal Moisteriser - Light


I think the number one problem people with combination skin suffer from is trying to find a moisteriser that won't hydrate the skin so much that it produces more sebum - and therefore make it more oily - but will also moisterise dry areas. So I'm glad to find that this moisteriser does just that. Delighted!

What I Like ✔️️
*My dry areas - like my cheeks - were visibly softer
*My greasy areas - like my nose and forehead - were not more greasy
*It's in a jar rather than a tube so you can get all the product out with ease
*Vichy are currently running an offer so that when you buy two products (one to be a moisteriser), you get three travel size face masks FREE


What I Didn't Like 
*At €22 it's a bit expensive

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
Pharmacies nationwide stock Vichy so you shouldn't have any major problems picking this moisteriser up or find a store near you using the Vichy locator here

And that's it for another month of reviews. Liked this post? Make sure to follow me on my other socials for more shits and giggles!


ohhheyitsaimee
ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig