• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

๐ŸŒบApril Product Review๐ŸŒบ // Yay ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ or Neigh ๐Ÿด

Hey guys! Hope you all had a great Easter weekend and went completely overboard on the Easter eggs and ended up in a sugar coma (just like me!) 


Actual footage of me at 7pm on Sunday

A few weeks ago I picked up some products to try out; some I've had my eye on for awhile, some I've used before and adored and some I'd never heard of but decided to give a go (AKA I impulse bought). I've tried these products out for about a month - apart from the Vitamin D tablets which I've been on for 3 months - so I think I can give a pretty accurate review on how good/bad they are. Anyways, keep reading if you want to know what I thought of this month's purchases  ๐Ÿ‘‡ And if you want to see last month's Yay or Neigh, then just click here

The D (Vitamin D3 capsules)



*allows moment for "are you getting the D?" jokes* With that out of the way I also just want to say that I am in no way an expert about vitamins but I do know that if you're from Ireland, especially during the winter months, you're probably lacking in Vitamin D. To learn more about why we need Vitamin D and the long list of benefits, fellow blogger Joanne Larby (aka The Make Up Fairy) did an entire blog post on it recently, which you can find here

What I Like ✔️️
*The tablets are completely odourless
*You get a 2 month supply per pack
*It's gluten, yeast, dairy and soy-free so it can be used by most people
*I'm on my 3rd month and I do find myself with more energy and with less crappy days - although I can't say 100% that it's due to taking the supplement

Small and odourless so they're easy to take
What I Didn't Like 
*They're €14.95 BUT it's a 2 month supply so it's not that bad

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
If you're from Nenagh, pop in to Finnerty's Pharmacy (Facebook) or buy it online here

Aveeno Moisturising Creamy Oil


It wasn't until I picked up this product that I realised I've never tried Aveeno product before. I've always heard great things about Aveeno so I decided to try the oil - mostly because I've always used cream based lotions and I was intrigued to see how the oil matched up.

What I Like ✔️️
*It wasn't greasy like you'd think an oil formula would be
*I prefer pumps to tubes so this was right up my alley
*At €6.50 (€6.66 in Boots) for 300ml it's reasonable

What I Didn't Like 
* I don't like the smell of sweet almond so make sure you've a sniff before buying before you will smell this on your skin

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
Again, Finnerty's sell the entire Aveeno range (and usually with a discount too) or get it online here

Sanctuary Hot Sugar Scrub **Product of the Month


This product should be in every tan wearer's bathroom. Because I've worn tan full-time for almost a year now, I searched for the perfect exfoliater and this is it. Not only does it smell nice but the tiny grains, pictured below, get off every trace of old tan. A must-buy!!

The little grains are gentle on the skin but tough on old tan


What I Like ✔️️
*Exfoliating three days a week and this tub last me about 2 months so it's worth the €18
*The smell ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

What I Didn't Like 
*Nothing - it's a great product

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
Finnerty's stock the entire Sanctuary range and this scrub is on offer at the moment (from €18 to €14) or get it online here

L'Oreal Colorista Washout 


 In fairness to L'Oreal, they've made it clear which colours can be used on brunettes and which colours will not come up (check the back of the box to find out) but overall I was disappointed with the outcome of using this washout colour. I applied it all over, waited the sufficient amount of time (and a few minutes extra) but the colour only came out in the end and was only visible under certain lights. 

**BEFORE**
**AFTER**


**Tip**
For anyone hoping to try this, make sure you hair has been washed the night before and don't put any product in it because the colour won't go over hair that's not completely clean. It's also not advised for people with damaged hair - so if you dye your hair a lot or straighten your hair daily. 

What I Like ✔️️
*That the box actually tells you what colour will not come out
*They give you 2 pairs of gloves; one for application and one for washing your hair afterward

What I Didn't Like 
*It didn't work BUT everyone's hair is different and mine had been box-dyed two months prior

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
Any pharmacy that stocks L'Oreal will have this, even Penneys are stocking this. Or buy it online here

Garnier Mositure Bomb Tissue Mask

Stock photo AKA GUESS WHO FORGOT
TO TAKE A PICTURE BEFORE USING

I am probably the last person on planet Earth to try this facemask, I know. But I have to say, I'm glad this tissue mask lived up to the hype. The once-off mask takes 15 minutes so I suggest you get your iPod and listen to some music because you cannot walk around with this on - not because you'll scare the s*** out of someone, see my Freddy Krueger impersonation below, but also because it'll slide off your face. 



Resting-Freddy-Krueger-Face

What I Like ✔️️
*The peel off part isn't sore
*My skin felt really refreshed and clean afterward
*You can use the leftover serum to moisturise your face so you don't need to wip anything off afterward

What I Didn't Like 
*You can't move around while wearing the mask 

Where You Can Buy ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ
Due to it's popularity, you can pick this mask up in almost every chemist. But it online here


And that's it for another month! I'm really curious to know if you guys have tried these products and what you thought of them. Also, have you ever been disappointed by a hyped up product? Let me know in the comments below!

Like this post? Make sure to follow me for more shits and giggles:




ohhheyitsaimee


ohhheyitsaimee

Until next time...
Aimee






No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig