• 25 // Irish // Female // Business Graduate // Blogger •

Labels

My Current Haircare Favourites

Happy mid-week all!
I hope you are all finding the transition back to normality after the Beast from the East and Storm Emma's debut or as I fondly named it Christmas 2.0 an easy one. And is it just me or was it a lot milder this time last year? I've been finding my hair and skin needs a lot more TLC right now because of artificial heating and the frosty mornings (you wouldn't be too long getting frostbit, amirite?) Is you want to learn more about my current skincare favourites you can read it here

Anyways, after getting the chop the condition of my hair improved massively. However, during this time, I also went partially blonde. And as I'm naturally dark-haired, it had an expected damaging effect lightening my hair. With the advice of the lovely lady who did my hair (find her FB here - she is incredibly talented and lovely gal), I picked up some products to nourish my hair. I've also recently switched the purple shampoo I've been using because the original one I was using was crap (but it was €2 so what can you expect). So if you are partially blonde, or all blonde, or want to hear my haircare recommendations, then read on!


Step 1: Charles Worthington Colour Enhancer Ultra Violet Shampoo (applied to damp hair and tied into a bun for 5 minutes)



During my research for a purple shampoo, I learned that from fellow blogger Beki from Smock to Frock that if you're looking for something to really break down the brassy tones in your hair, then the darker the purple, the better. This shampoo is a deep purple, almost black in colour. I've only started using this shampoo and I'm already noticing less brassy tones. It foams up pretty well meaning you don't have to over-compensate on product and the smell is pleasant. For €9.99 you can't go too wrong!

*The lighter version of this can be bought in any Boots pharmacy but I've 've only seen the Max Strength one in Finnerty's Pharmacy, Nenagh.

Step 2: Wella Elements Renewing Shampoo (applied after purple shampoo has been washed out. Apply and wash out immediately)
€12.95 Sally Services (Limerick)
This shampoo repairs damaged hair - be that from colouring, using heating tools on it or even sun damage. It also has zero parabens (can irritate the skin, especially those with skin conditions such as dermatitis) or sulfates (can be toxic and research has claimed it could be carcinogenic aka could cause cancer) so it was already a favourite before I used it. It smells incredibly and I love how my hair feels after using this product. 

Wella Elements Lightweight Renewing Conditioner (applied after shampoo has been washed out. Applied and hair tied into a bun for 10-15 minutes)
€14.45 Sally Services (Limerick)
Personally I like to use a matching shampoo and conditioner, just because I feel like they compliment what the other does. Case in point is how the softness and silkiness of my hair intensifies when I use the shampoo and conditioner together. My hair doesn't feel like it's full of product after washing it out either!

Wella EIMI Ocean Spritz Salt Spray (can be applied to damp or dry hair)
€12.24 Sally Services (Limerick)
After getting my hair chopped I knew I didn't want to fall into the old routine of straightening my hair daily. Chelsea recommended this salt spray. Again, it smells divine and I loved the beachy texture it gives my hair. The only thing I have to fault with it is how narrow the nozzle is. I feel a wider nozzle would allow the product to spread more evenly (and not into my damn eyes!) 

And that's it guys. I'm currently on the hunt for a hair mask but all the ones I've used so far haven't given me the result I've wanted so the search continues. I also believe in keeping a haircare routine simple because too many products will just create build-up which is why I tend to avoid serums and oils. 

If you use these products or have any recommendations (especially hair masks) HMU on my socials (@ohhheyitsaimee) 
Until next time...

Aimee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig